Work-Life Balance Via Caffeine: Coffee Addiction? You’re Not Alone!
Work-Life Balance Via Caffeine?
Addicted to Coffee and Caffeine: 10 Crazy Stats Demonstrating Our Dependence
It seems like another Starbucks is going up every time you turn around, and somehow there is always a long line. Our coffee consumption has reached epic proportions, as the U.S. is now the leading consumer in the world.
For many people, waking up and drinking coffee is as much a part of their morning routine as brushing their teeth.
Here are some very interesting stats demonstrating the scope of the American fondness towards java:
- Americans consume 400 million cups of coffee per day, equivalent to 146 billion cups of coffee per year.
- 31% of coffee drinkers make it first priority, brewing a cup first before any other morning behavior.
- 55% would rather gain 10 pounds than give up coffee for life, and 52% would rather go without a shower in the morning than give up their morning joe.
- Coffee represents 75% of all the caffeine consumed in the United States.
- The United States imports more than $4 billion dollars’ worth of coffee each year.
- At least 68 million Americans drink three cups of coffee every single day. Some 30 million Americans drink five or more cups. Over 21 million Americans drink six or more cups every day.
- 54% percent of Americans over the age of 18 drink coffee every day.
- The average total amount of cups (9 ounces) a coffee drinker consumes daily is 3.1.
- Recent studies show the average coffee drinker spends $1092 per year.
- 34% percent of coffee drinkers go to premium places like Starbucks or Dutch Bros. 29% percent of people go to lower-price outlets such as McDonalds or Dunkin Donuts.
Susan Sly is a best selling author, work life balance expert, speaker and entrepreneur. She has appeared on CNN, CNBC, Fox, Lifetime Television and the CBN. Susan is the mother of five children and resides in Scottsdale, Arizona.