Dr. Michael Breus is the in-house sleep expert on the Dr. Oz Show, has appeared on Anderson Cooper, The View, and travels all over the world trying to put people to sleep. Dr. Breus is known as The Sleep Doctor™ and with so many people struggling to have a solid night’s sleep, he wants to do something about it.
I came across these statistics on The Better Sleep Better Life site. Here are just a few of the not-so-shocking facts about the quality of our sleep.
- People today sleep 20% less than they did 100 years ago.
- More than 30% of the population suffers from insomnia.
- More than half of Americans lose sleep due to stress and/or anxiety.
- Women are up to twice as likely to suffer from insomnia than men.
- 90% of people who suffer from depression also experience insomnia.
- People who suffer from sleep deprivation are 27% more likely to become overweight or obese.
Sleep is the greatest asset we have. When we have slept well and wake-up rested, our challenges seem smaller and life just seems better. Let’s just face it – sleep is essential if we want to accomplish anything.
Dr. Breus has a fun sleep quiz you can take on www.thepowerofwhenquiz.com . It will take you about 45 seconds and you will be illuminated by Dr. Breus’ insights into your sleeping chronotype. I highly recommend it.
Lastly, if you are not feeling great – fix your sleep and change your life.
How is Your Sleep? Meet Dr. OZ, The View, and CNN, regular – Dr. Michael Breus a.k.a. The Sleep Doctor. In Episode 69 of The Susan Sly Project, Dr. Breus shares the tips and techniques for getting a better sleep including how women need to modify their sleep schedule at certain times of the month.
When we sleep well, we can conquer the world. This episode can absolutely transform your life.